Wednesday 28 May 2014

My Top 6 Must-Have Make-Up Brushes




Hello Lovelies,

I hope you had a lovely weekend, I'm back this week with My Top 6 Must-Have Make-up Brushes. I was hoping to nail it down to 5, but it was just too difficult, as I think all these brushes deserve a mention. As you can see, yes, they are all Real Techniques By Sam and Nic Chapman brushes, but that is only because I think they are such a wonderful brand at such an affordable price. As well as a little description of each brush and why I love it so-god-damn-much, I've also included alternative ways I use the brushes, as they all can be multipurpose. So for any of you that are needing some assistance with purchasing make-up brushes, or any of you that are just wanting a little sticky beak into my top recommended make-up brushes, I hope you all enjoy !





 Real Techniques Powder Brush


First up is the Powder brush. This is honestly, one of the SOFTEST brushes, I have ever felt and used. The incredibly soft and slightly tapered bristles means it's perfect for powdering the skin. As the bristles don't pick up too much product, it means that it wont give you that cakey powdery look to the skin. It's also perfect for a quick application of blush or bronzer, as the brush head is so large and can cover such a large area of the face so quickly. It's also great if you like to bronze up your chest, neck or shoulders, if you're ever wearing your hair up or a low cut or strapless dress, just to give your skin some added colour and a glow



Real Techniques Buffing Brush


Next is the Buffing Brush. The thing I love about this, is that it is a no fail brush to use for applying your foundation. With the dense and slightly fanned out bristles, it's perfect for buffing in your foundation, giving you an almost air-brush effect, without you looking cakey. It's also great for buffing in cream blush and bronzers, as well as highlighters, into the skin as well.


Real Techniques Setting Brush


As you can probably tell from the slightly wonky handle this brush is incredibly well loved. This was the first ever Real Techniques brush I owned and I received it as a gift on my 18th birthday, which is over *gasp* a year and a half ago. With long fluffy bristles, it's perfect for apply powder products to precise areas, such as if you were only wanting to powder your T-Zone or applying a highlighter to the top of your cheek bones. I also love to use it for applying concealer under my eyes, as well as using it to set the concealer with powder. I think having this brush for almost 2 years and it still being in wonderful condition, just goes to show how much I love it and what amazing quality these brushes are.


Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush


I can honestly say I use this Deluxe Crease Brush every time I wear eye shadow. With slightly dome shaped and dense bristles, it's perfect for effortlessly blending eye shadows to create a seamless transition in colours. If you're a lover of any kind of smokey eye, then this brush is perfect for you. This brush can also be used to contour smaller areas such as the sides of the nose and under the lip, as well as applying highlighter to the bridge of the nose and cupids bow.


Real Techniques Accent Brush


I'd definitely say this Accent Brush, is a must for any make-up brush collection. Though it doesn't look overly exciting, there are so many different things you can do with this brush. I love using it to smudge eye shadow or eyeliner to help add drama to a smokey eye, as well as using it to precisely place concealer on any spots I may have. You can also use it to place highlighter on the inner corners of your eyes to brighten them up and also on the brow bone to add dimension to the face.


Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush


Finally we have the Fine Liner Brush. Being a Virgo, when it comes to eyeliner, I am so uptight and finical about getting my wings even and this brush is almost foolproof at that. With tapered bristles, it gives you the control of slowly building up your eyeliner and wing, without applying too much product at once. This brush is also great at perfecting a bold lipstick, as it's the perfect size for tracing the lip line and smoothing out any bumps, for the perfect bold statement lip.


-----------------


I hope you all enjoyed this weeks post and got something out of it. If you have any questions about what brushes would be best for you, or about the Real Techniques brushes, I'd be more than happy to answer your questions. You can post them below or come and say hi on any of my social media accounts, that can be found in the side bar >

Have a fantastic rest of the week and weekend and I will see you all next Wednesday !


Veroniieecar :) xx

3 comments:

  1. lovely post, followed! Please follow me back x

    lucyabigailsmith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fine liner looks like it would be amazing for gel liner!! We'll have to try it out!

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing ! I've ditched all of my other liner brushes and just stick to the real techniques one :) xx

      Delete

nRelate Posts and Homepage