Thursday 1 May 2014

Currently Coveting #2


Currently Coveting #2


Hello Lovelies,

So when I was organising what to write about this week and looking back at old blog posts to get some inspiration, I realised I am well overdue for my monthly "Currently Coveting" post, I will be doing this sort of like a "monthly favourites" post with a mixture of things I'd love to try out. If you haven't seen my previous currently coveting post, I will link it at the end of this post for you to go and check out :)

H&M Fake Fur Waistcoat. For as long as I can remember I've always wanted to rock a fake fur vest and now that winter is well and truly on its way, I think it would be the best time to invest in one. This one is a little pricey, costing $79.95, but if you are wanting a good piece of clothing to last and are going to a lot of wear out of it, I think it's completely worth it. I just think they are so versatile and can be worn both day and night. I'd pair this with a simple long sleeve top and a pair of skinny jeans, finished off with a  pair of ankle boots or over a midi bodycon dress for a bit of a unique twist and some warmth on a night out.

Frends "Layla Rose Gold" Headphones.  Whether I'm just hanging out in my room or on the tram heading into the city, I'd be lost without my trusty earphones, but when I happened to stumble upon these Frends Headphones, I was seriously in awe. Given that they are $180, I could never bring myself to purchase them , let alone trust myself with a pair that expensive, but that doesn't mean I can't continue to lust over them, right ? Featuring a fabric cord, means you won't find yourself in those situations where the cord has managed to tie up into endless knots - we've all been there - as well as a 3 button microphone, which allows you to use them as you would, like any other pair of earphones. I love that they have a more chic feel to them compared to your regular apple earphones and you can personalise it by choosing the colour of the metal detailing - of course, I had to choose Rose Gold

River Island Black and White Colour Block Swimsuit. I know, I know, you're going to ask me, why on earth have I decided to include a bathing suit, but I couldn't resist after spotting it during a recent online shopping search. When I first saw it, it reminded me of a one piece you'd see a bond girl sporting. With black side panels and a mesh band around the waist, this will emphasise a gorgeous hourglass figure as well as creating a curvier silhouette, for more slender bodies. The piece also includes molded cups with underwire and detachable straps for some added support, for larger busts.

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer. Though we're heading into winter - well the southern hemisphere as least - and the winter skin trend tends to be a matte finish, there is no way I can go without a little highlighter. Illuminiser and highlighter can do wonders for your face and bring so much dimension as well. By highlighting an area of the face it brings it to the foreground and makes it more prominent, it can make your nose appear slimmer and more lifted, it can create a fuller looking lip, higher cheek bones, the list goes on. This cute illuminiser compact can used as both a highlighter and a shimmery eyeshadow and comes in a handy case, which can fit in your make-up bag, for touch ups you may need

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Collection. I feel as though this eyeshadow palette doesn't even need an explanation, but of course I'm going to give you one anyway. The first thing I need to mention is that these eyeshadows actually contain pure cocoa powder, which is where it gets its chocolate scent from. The palette is made up of 16 shades, with a mixture of both matter and shimmery shades. 2 of the shades are shimmery highlight colours, which could also be used on the face, as a substitute for an actual highlighting powder. The other great thing about this palette is it comes in a sturdy metal case, instead of an easily breakable plastic one. The palette also comes with a booklet containing how-to's for 3 different eyeshadow looks, to assist you with using the palette. To purchase this in Australia it will set you back around $75, which is a lot of money to spend on an eyeshadow palette, but I'm sure there's plenty of people who will tell you it's definitely worth it. With enough time and Google searching, you would be able to purchase it from overseas, though the only issue is that shipping tends to cost quite a lot, due to the distance.

B-Tox Tea: Weight Management. Ever since I started following this company on Instagram, I have been constantly amazed as the transformation photos they upload of people who have used their teas. Queen B create a range of different drinks, including teas for weight loss, PMS relief and assisting with sleep, just to name a few, as well as green coffee, Acai berry coffee and hot cacao. The one that I've been most interested in is the B-Tox Tea for Weight Management, I've seen so many amazing posts about this tea being used alongside a healthy diet and exercise regime, to help assist with weight loss, as well as, detoxing the body. I know many people don't like the idea of these sorts of products, or don't believe they actually work, but I would definitely be more than willing to give this a go and see if it benefits me in any way.

The Village - Series 2. Looking back now, I can't even remember how I first got into this show, but I am so glad I did ! I have a massive thing for period dramas, I think because part of me would love to know what it was like living in those times. Set in the 1900's, the 1st series covers the years 1940-1920 and is seen through the eyes of a character, Bert Middleton. It's set in Derbyshire, England and revolves around the Middleton family farm, as well as the village and people living there. The series covers so many areas in the characters lives, from Bert's fathers drinking problem and his brothers struggles going to and returning from war, to the upper class Allingham families mentally unstable daughter and her reclusive disfigured father, just to name a few. According to reports, the 2 series is currently being filmed, which means I will have to wait a while until it has aired, but if it is anything like the 1st series, it's definitely worth the wait !

-------------
I hope you all enjoyed what I am "currently coveting". I'd love for you to leave me a comment below or on my Facebook, twitter or Instagram and let me know what you're lusting over at the moment.

I'm planning on making the 1st of each month, the day which I post a new "Currently Coveting" blog post, if it does end up interfering with my current blogging schedule, I will still upload it on the 1st of that month and move that weeks post to another day

Have an incredible rest of the week and I will speak to you all next Wednesday ! : )

Veroniieecar :) xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts and Homepage