Friday 16 May 2014

Mini E.L.F Haul




Hello Lovelies,

Before I get into this weeks post, I just want to say a massive apology for not getting this up on Wednesday. If you don't follow me on Instagram, you wouldn't have seen the post I put up about not posting on Wednesday and posting on Friday instead. I was just having a couple of crappy days and didn't want to put up a happy and chirpy blog post when I was feeling pretty down, but don't worry, all is well now and I am back this week with a mini E.L.F haul - and by mini, I mean 3 products...

So lets jump straight into it !


E.L.F. Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer - $8.00






I'd never heard much about any of the E.L.F concealers and needed a new concealer after running out of my much beloved Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer. I ended up purchasing the shade "Nude", which on the Australian website is the 2nd lightest shade, as I often find the lightest shades, tend to be quite pink. I don't suffer from bad under eye circles and most days could skip under eye concealer, but I love the effect it gives, just by brightening the under eye area and bring extra light to the face, as well as making you look well rested. This product promises "blendable, wearable, customisable coverage" and I totally agree that ! You can definitely build up more coverage if you suffer from bad under eye bags, or just blend out the product if you prefer more of a sheer coverage. I definitely recommend this product is you're after an amazing yet affordable concealer.  


E.L.F. Studio Baked Blush - $8.00



*Ignore my spotty neck and chest fake tan, it was exfoliating day :)

I only have great things to say about this blush ! I purchased mine in the shade "Peachy Cheeky", which contains different shades of pink and peaches as well as a slightly purple/brown pigment to give the blush some depth. If you're one who loves when products can double up with their uses than this is definitely a blush for you ! The baked blushes, can be used dry to achieve a sheer natural glow or wet with a dampened brush or sponge to create a much more vibrant and pigmented affect on the cheek. The blushes also contain Jojoba, Rose, Sunflower, Apricot and Grape oils, which help to hydrate the skin.


E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain - $5.00




I wish I had a super positive review about this lip stain marker. It would definitely work for someone who was just starting out with bold lip looks, as you don't get that incredibly opaque look as you would with a lipstick, but you still get a good amount of pigment. It also has a pointed tip like a normal felt tip marker, which means it's super easy to apply and and you don't have to worry about accidentally drawing over your lip line. Though it contains, Vitamin E to help moisturise and hydrate your lips, I didn't feel as though it made a difference to my lips and I found that the stain clung to dry patches I already had, which gave the overall colour an uneven look. The formula is quite watery, which means you often have to go over the same areas to help even out the colour, once it's dried. I hope mine just happened to be part of a bad batch of products,  as I love the idea of lip stain markers and would definitely want to purchase more, if they worked better. 

---------

I hope you enjoyed this weeks Mini E.L.F Haul.
I'd love to hear if you've tried any E.L.F products and what your thoughts on them were !

Have an incredible weekend and I will see you all next Wednesday 


Veroniieecar :) xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts and Homepage