Wednesday 26 March 2014

Quick and easy, everyday make-up




Hello Lovelies,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, I was tucked up in my dressing gown most of the weekend with lady cramps - okay, maybe a little too much information - but anyway, I'm back this week with another tutorial on some quick and easy everyday makeup looks, that could be worn to university, college, work, a low key outing, anything really. I've put together 3 different looks to try and cater for all makeup preferences, so hopefully you see something you like. I've also added my own 5 minute - maybe 7 - go to makeup which I turn to when I'm in a rush, as well as a way to slightly intensify the 2nd look, if you were after a little more oomph. I hope you all enjoy !


Look 1. Bare Eye, Bold Lip.



I often find when people think of day makeup, the first thing that always comes to mind is a soft appropriate colour eye shadow, and often shy away from lipstick and bright colours during the day. I think a makeup look with a pop of colour on the lip - even with no eye shadow - looks as though you've put effort into your make-up, even though it only took a few seconds to apply. Here I've simply used my Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 075 Lollipop, and built up the colour to get a slightly more opaque look. The great thing about this product, is it gives you a good amount of colour, plus it's moisturising, so it won't dry out your lips like some lipsticks tend to do


Look 2. Golden Glimmer

Next up is all about a fresh and glowy look, with minimal effort. By placing a shimmer eye shadow on the lid and on the inner tear duct area, it brings light to the eye, making you appear more awake, than you actually may be. All I've used on my eye, is the gold eye shadow from my Rimmel "Glam Eyes" HD in English Oak and blended that all the way over my lid and placed a little just on the inner corner. This is a super quick and easy tip, to create a no-fuss fresh make-up look. 


Intensified Option:



All I've done to intensify this look is added a dark brown/copper shade from the same eye shadow palette in the crease and lower lash line and blended it out to create a soft winged look. This will elongate the eye and be a perfect look if you're after a little more impact during the day, but still natural enough that it's day appropriate


Look 3. My Go-to "in a rush" Makeup


And finally is my personal quick, go-to makeup. I love this look as I'm able to double up on products as I also use my bronzer as my eye shadow, which means it's one less product I have to fiddle around with while getting ready. All I've done to achieve this look is blend some of my Bourjois "Chocolate Bronzer" Bronzing Powder through my crease, to create a slightly smokey eye. Using this bronze colour also intensifies my blue eyes, but you could achieve the same look by using the complementary colour to your eye colour* 


I hope you all enjoyed these looks and remember that the colours can be changed up for ones that you'd personally wear, such as soft pinks, purples, greens, anything you'd like. So have a play around and just remember to keep everything nice and blended and soft looking to achieve an effortless day look. 

Next Week, I'll be doing a post on make-up suggestions for darker complexions :)

*If you guys would like me to do a post on complementary eye shadow colours, let me know in the comments below, or send me a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook :)

Veroniieecar :) xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts and Homepage