Wednesday 11 June 2014

Rimmel BB Cream Matte Review




Hello Lovelies,

I hope you had a lovely weekend especially those who had a long weekend due to the Queen's Birthday Holiday. I had quite an eventful few days, with a sister from Perth visiting for the weekend, which meant a shopping trip to TopShop and various other places on Friday and some lovely drinks in the evening. Then Saturday and Sunday consisting of another sisters birthday celebrations. This week I've got another review for you, this time on the Rimmel BB Cream Matte. I just want to give you all a heads up, that this post is quite picture heavy, just so I can give you a detailed look at how the BB Cream wore throughout the day :)




About a month or so ago, Rimmel had a promotion on their Facebook site, where you entered your contact details and were sent a sample of their new BB Cream Matte. So I jumped at the chance of being able to try out the BB Cream, without having to commit to buying an entire tube.


The Rimmel BB Cream Matte states that it's a "9-in-1 skin perfecting super makeup with a natural matte finish". It promises to minimise the appearance of pores, even out skin tone, mattify, control shine all day, smooth the skin, soothe the skin, conceal dark circles, help prevent blemishes and also give all day coverage. It also contains an SPF of 15, which I think would be great if you were after a light weight product to even out your skin tone in summer, plus providing some sun protection. It is also Dermatologist and Clinically Tested. As well as being Non Comedogenic, which means it won't clog your pores.


This is before any application of the BB cream and as you can tell I only fake tan my body, as I break out like crazy if I apply fake tan to my face, so I love being able to use a darker shade of foundation, to match my face to the rest of my body.


As you can see in the image above, the consistency of the BB cream is quite runny, similar to the Garnier BB Cream for Oily Skin. It also had that typical Rimmel foundation smell, which I quite like, but if you don't like fragrance in your make-up, then this probably wouldn't suit you.

---------------

1:30pm


When I first applied the BB Cream, I thought it would be similar to other matte foundations, where you have to work with it quite quickly and blend it in before it dries, but surprisingly it stays quite moist, which means you have plenty of time to blend it in to your skin and get an even coverage.

Does anyone else think they look really odd with foundation, but no other make-up on ? Haha


---------------


I went on and applied the rest of make-up, but decided not to powder my face, as I wanted to see how the BB Cream held up on it's own and didn't want to risk making my base look too cakey.


Being a lover of full coverage make-up, I was quite hesitant at first, as I was worried I wouldn't like the coverage. I'll admit though, I really loved the fact that it covered up any redness in my skin and also just evened out my skin, but still let my freckles on my nose show through.

---------------

4pm


By 4pm, I was really happy with the finish of the BB Cream, it had dried much more matte than when I had first applied it, but didn't leave a heavy or overly dry feeling to my skin. It also hadn't turned patchy or blotchy, which I often find happens to BB Creams on my skin - so, thumbs up ! :)


Even though the formula promises to mattify and control shine all day, I did find that during the day I did develop some shine through my T-Zone, but nothing out of the ordinary and not something I bother powdering.

---------------

8pm


By 8pm, the BB cream had oxidised a little, which given that I have slightly oily skin isn't out of the ordinary for me and something that I am used to, with my foundation. The finish was quite similar to how it was at 4pm, and hadn't become any more oily, which was a bonus. Even though my skin didn't stay completely matte, I was still happy with the finish after 6 1/2 hours and would happily continue wearing this as an every day base.




Over all, I'd say it's perfect, if you're looking for a light weight product which will still give you quite a lot of coverage, without giving you that cakey heavy feeling that foundations often have. I'd definitely recommend it for slightly darker/tanned complexions, even though this is in Medium, the swatches I have seen of the "Light" shade, I personally don't think would suit many pale skin tones The only downside I'd say about this product is the colour options. With only 3 shades to choose from "Light", "Medium" and "Medium Dark", it limits who's able to use this BB Cream.

---------------

I hope you all enjoyed this weeks review on the Rimmel BB Cream Matte, I'd love to hear your thoughts and experience with it, if you've ever tried it.

Have an incredible rest of the week and I will see you all next Wednesday !


Veroniieecar :) xx

1 comments:

nRelate Posts and Homepage