Thursday 5 June 2014

L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner Review



Hello Lovelies,

I'm back today with my weekly blog post of a quick review on the L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner. About a month ago, I received the L'oreal Paris Insider newsletter email and saw that you could enter your details and be sent a sample from their Hair Expertise EverPure range, so of course I jumped at the chance and requested the "moisture" line, which is aimed at colour treated hair.



Having coloured my hair for close on 7 years and basically every colour of the rainbow, I have, of course, caused some damage to my hair. I love trying out new hair products to see which ones my hair will actually benefit from and which ones it won't. I hadn't heard much about the EverPure range previously, so when I received my sample I decided to jump onto the L'Oreal website and have a read. In the EverPure range there are 3 different shampoo and conditioner sets, "Moisture", "Volume" and "Smooth" there is also the EverStrong range which is a fortifying system and the EverSleek range which is a smoothing system. With each of these ranges, it's so easily to specifically target your haircare needs and choose which range will work best for you.


Having tried so many different shampoos and conditioners in the past, which promised to make my hair as soft as a babies bum, and often being let down, I had to remind myself to go in with an open-mind and just give it a go. When I jumped in the shower and ripped open the shampoo sachet, the first thing I noticed was the incredible smell. The only way I can describe it is a slightly icy masculine cologne, with a hint of mint, I know to some of you that may not be an enjoyable smell, but trust me, it smelt so yummy ! I guess it surprised me because I'm so used to the typical overly sweet smells that shampoo and conditioners often have, which don't get me wrong I love, but the freshness of this shampoo, was just amazing ! With it being sulfate free and not containing harsh salts, it won't lather like a regular shampoo would, but there's still plenty of foam, to make you feel like it's giving your hair a good clean. This also means that it won't overly strip your natural oils, meaning it won't be as damaging and drying to your hair.


Once I had washed the shampoo completely from my hair, I noticed it wasn't anywhere near as matted as it normally is when I wash out my shampoo. I then applied the conditioner, which had more of a minty scent than the shampoo and left it on for about 3-5 minutes, putting most of it from the mid-lengths down, but also massaging some onto my scalp. Once I washed it out, my hair was incredibly soft and not at all tangled, which it can often get even after having conditioner on it. I always apply the Schwarzkopf Extra Care Daily Oil Elixir to my hair after every wash, as I find it adds back in, some of the moisture that I lost washing it, but this time I thought I'd see how my hair went without the oil. I proceeded to dry my hair like a normally would, with my hair dryer and large barrel brush and loved how it turned out ! My hair was left with a slight minty sweet smell - imagine mint ice-cream, amazing, right ?! - and was incredibly soft and didn't feel weighed down or limp.


All in all, I loved this shampoo and Conditioner combination and was amazed at how lovely it left my hair, even after just one use. Though it's quite pricey, retailing for $15.95 per bottle, at Priceline, if you're after an incredible shampoo and condition, that's free of harsh chemicals and actually does to your hair what it says it will, I definitely recommend giving it a go and seeing how it works out for you.

I hope you all enjoyed this weeks review on the L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner, if you've tried it out or any of the other ranges, I'd love to hear your thoughts and experience with it.

I hope you all have an incredible weekend, whatever you're getting up to and I will see you all next Wednesday !


Veroniieecar :) xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts and Homepage