Wednesday 16 April 2014

Totally Addicted To Base...

Hello lovelies,

I hope you had a lovely weekend, I know I did, as I spent my Sunday with my lovely extended family celebrating my brothers birthday for the 3rd and final time, even though his birthday was almost a month ago. There was lots of food, lots of chatter and of course, lots of overly full bellies, but that's the point of a good party right ? Anyway, I'm back this week with a requested post, on all things base related: Primer, Foundation, Concealer, Powder, the lot !


Primer

Recommended Primers

L-R: Benefit The POREfessional / Illamasqua Hydra Veil / L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer / BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector / Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer / M·A·C Strobe Cream / Models Prefer Perfect Canvas Mattifying Face Primer

So, I always like to think of primer as the underwear or lingerie of the face. You always want to start off with a good base - or under garment.

When choosing a primer you need to know the main reason you're using it for. There are so many different primers on the market aimed at reducing shine, blurring fine lines and wrinkles, minimising pores, you name it, they have a primer for it. The great thing about some primers now, is that they can target a few problem areas in one, so you don't have to choose picking one primer over another and using different primers on different areas of the face. I know it can seem as though it's just another annoying step to your makeup routine, but seriously, primers can work wonders for your skin. Above I've suggested some primers, which I personally have used as well as ones that girls I know have recommended, so chances are you can't go wrong with one of them. I personally love the Models Prefer one, in the black tube, as its a silicone formula which helps fill in large pores and is also matte, which means it reduces shine.

If you're one of those people who have a full face of makeup in the morning and by noon most - or maybe even all - your makeup has disappeared/smudged/melted etc, then a primer is a great starting point for your makeup routine


Foundation

Recommended Foundations

L-R: L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation / Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup / Australis CC Colour Correcting Cream / Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation / Bourjois 1 2 3 Perfect Foundation / Maybelline SuperStay Makeup Foundation

Similarly with foundation, you need to have some idea of what look you're going for. Do you want full coverage ? Sheer ? Do you want your skin to be matte ? or Dewy ? I personally go for a matte foundation as I find throughout the day, my skin will naturally make the foundation slightly oilier, where as if I were to use a dewy foundation, it would just slip and slide straight off my skin. If you have slightly drier skin, I'd suggest a dewy foundation as this will add a bit of moisture to your skin and give a glow to your skin, instead of drying it out further like a matte foundation would. Above I've also put some recommendations of foundations, the Maybelline SuperStay would be perfect if you're after a super matte finish, perfect for nights out, where as the Bourjois 123 perfect foundation, will give you much more of a natural finish.


Concealer

Recommended Concealers

L-R: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer / Rimmel Wake Me Up Make Up Concealer / NYX Full Coverage Concealer Jar / M·A·C Pro Longwear Concealer / Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

When choosing a concealer you want to know what exactly you're wanting to conceal, is it under eye circles ? Pimples ? Extra redness on the face ? Do you want that trademark Kardashian under eye highlight ? There are so many options when it comes to concealing. If you're wanting to brighten up the under eye area, you would want to go with a shade of concealer that is 1-2 shades lighter than your foundation and preferably with a peachy undertone, as this will counteract the blue/green shades in your dark circles. If you were wanting to to cover up pesky pimples or unwanted redness, you'd want a concealer with a green undertone, as the green would counteract the red/pink shades.


Powder

Recommended Powders

L-R: Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder / Savvy Mineral Loose Powder / Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder / Maybelline Fit Me Powder / Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder / Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

To prevent all your hard work going to waste, I would recommend setting your base make-up with either a translucent or pressed/loose powder. A translucent powder will set everything in place without disrupting the colour, where as a pressed or loose powder in the same shade as your foundation can give you slightly more coverage if your foundation and concealer wasn't enough, as well as setting your make-up. Above are some recommendations for inexpensive powders, I have used each of these and highly recommend all of them

----------

If any of you would like some more information on what I've talked about above or suggestions on what products may work best for you, feel free to send me a message on my facebook page, tweet me, leave me a comment below or on Instagram and I'll be more than happy to help you out



I hope you all have a fabulous rest of the week and weekend and I will see you all next week !

Veroniieecar :) xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts and Homepage