Wednesday 9 April 2014

iHerb Haul and Review




Hello Lovelies,

So, as I mentioned last week, I’m back with a Haul/Review on a recent purchase I made on iHerb. If you don’t know what iHerb is, It’s a website which stocks health supplements, grocery foods, as well as beauty and many many more things. I placed an order on the 19th of march and it arrived at my front door on the 24th, all iHerb parcels are sent express delivery and you’re also provided with a tracking code, so you know the location of your parcel at all times. If you haven’t checked out iHerb, I definitely recommend heading on over and having a look at their enormous array of products !



Hurraw! Balm - $3.37

First up in my haul is my Hurraw! Lip Balm in Chocolate. I first discovered this lip balm when New Zealander beauty Youtuber, Shannon from Shannnxo, continued to rave about this product. I finally thought I’d see what all the hype was about and purchase one. I’m not going to say it has been some miracle lip balm and solves all my dry and flaky worries, but it definitely does keep them well moisturised even once its worn off. Plus I can’t even begin to describe the scent, holy Jesus, it’s amazing ! The incredible thing about the entire Hurraw! Company is that all the ingredients that go into the lip balm are organic, vegan and raw and also by purchasing Hurraw! lip balms you are supporting fair trade, as well as organic farmers. All up, there are 22 different scents, so there is definitely one that will please everyone. They can be purchased from both iHerb, as well as the Hurraw! website *Link Below*




E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush - $3.00

Next up is the E.L.F (Eyes, Lips, Face) Studio Powder Brush, which I have personally been using to apply my foundation. The great thing about E.L.F cosmetics, is that they are incredibly affordable, but they are also incredibly good quality. Their individual products range from $3.00 to around $12, not including their range of palettes, which given that they are such good quality; they are such good value for money. This brush is incredibly versatile and be used with both wet and dry products. Depending on the look you want to achieve, this brush allows you to buff in products, to make it more sheer less coverage, plus it also allows you to build up your product to create a much more full coverage and flawless base. E.L.F Cosmetics products are vegan friendly and they also don’t test on animals

E.L.F on iHerb
E.L.F Cosmetics



Real Techniques by Sam and Nic Chapman - $54.99

And saving the best til last, – well, at least in my opinion – Real Techniques brushes by Sam and Nic Chapman. Real Techniques were created by 2 gorgeous British sisters, who work not only as make-up artists but also have a Youtube Channel where they post incredible make-up tutorials - Which I spend FAR too long watching. I had received a couple of Real Techniques brushes in the past for presents, which had been purchased from both iHerb and Priceline, so when I needed some more make-up brushes to add to my ever expanding colllection, I thought I'd head on over to Iherb and I'm SO glad I did ! I’ve always had the opinion that you don’t have to spend ridiculous amounts of money on make-up and tools to achieve a gorgeous look and Real Techniques brushes prove this. Every man and his dog knows that there is an incredible mark up on price for products in Australia, most often double the price... or even greater ! 



I know to many people that $55 may seem like a hell of a lot of money to spend on make-up brushes but when you're getting 11 brushes and saving $77.97, compared to if I were to purchase the exact same ones from priceline - Yes, you read right, $77.97 ! - I think it is definitely worth it. Plus you can find individual make-up brushes on the market that cost more than $55 ! Don’t get me wrong, I am a self confessed Priceline addict, but like any rational person, I’d much rather save $77.97 and purchase the exact same brushes from overseas.



In total, I purchased the "Core Collection", "Starter Set", "Powder Brush" and "Blush Brush". Both the Core Collection and the Starter set come with four brushes each, as well as a case which doubles up as a stand to hold your brushes upright. The great thing about the packaging on the collections is that they come with little pictures and descriptions on how to use each brush, so if you’re not sure which brush is which or what to use it for, then it tells you right there on the packaging. Each brush is also colour coded, so gold refers to the base ie: foundation, concealer, etc. Purple refers to the eyes ie: Eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrows, etc and finally pink means the finish ie: Blush, lipstick, setting the makeup, etc. I can't even begin to put into words how soft and lovely these brushes are, it's like stroking your face with a fluffy puppy - as creepy as that sounds ! Real Techniques brushes are also 100% cruelty free and vegan, they also support fair labor practices. I highly recommend these brushes, if you're after affordable yet high quality make-up brushes.



I hope you all enjoyed my iHerb Haul and Review and if any of you have tried out any of the products, be sure to let me know your thoughts on them.

Have an incredible rest of the week and weekend and I shall see you all next week !

Veroniieecar :) xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts and Homepage